Sunday, July 20, 2008
Does anyone has already tried the new featured center of MSN health? Called “My Wellness Center (BETA)” it’s a personalized online tool that helps you to set weight-loss and at the same time your fitness goals. The health tools is a free personalized (which is much better) of use, what you only need is to sign-in by using your Windows Live ID to get started. What are the featured of this online tool? The great things it has customize meal plans, Set Up exercise plans, track your progress, store your data, and share your health information to others. How it personalized? The information you’re provided in your profile helps the center to create customized meal and exercise plan which is been unique to your interest and goals.This is another good health and wellness resources we can use on providing long-lasting and synergistic life. Make your body in perfect shape.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Want to know the best way to cut your calories? Well, outsmart your appetite by secretly trimming 100 calories each day with these sneaky yet simple substitutions. Don’t miss out…
• Breakfast – Instead of flavored syrup for your coffer use cinnamon and nutmeg
- Coffee is healthy for us with just enough cups daily at least two or three cups which to avoid from heart disease and from developing colon cancer.
• Lunch – Salad without croutons
- Croutons means bread diced and fried, instead of this crunch bread it would better some extra carrots and celery. Carrots are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals while Celery contains of pthalides which helps to lower your blood pressure by relaxing the artery walls.
• Dinner – Eating pizza with grilled chicken is much better than pepperoni.
- The compound within the chicken is better to our body because of the presence of selenium, niacin and the vitamin B6, as well as the good source of zinc.
• Portion control – Leave 3 or 4 bites on your plate
- Eat when it’s needed! Breakfast is the most important meal that why it should be munch on fiber all day long include healthy protein at each meal and refuel every four hours. You must learn to recognize the physical cues that signal a true need for nourishment.
• Side dishes – It much better the season steamed vegetables along with fresh lemon and herbs rather than butter.
- In some vegetables, flavors intensify as the plant matures, which is why the so-called baby versions have wider taste appeal with just as many health benefits. Experiment with baby artichokes, squashes, turnips and carrots (the small ones sold in bunches, with greens still attached) and you may also like the more tender texture.
• Desserts – On cake choose the middle sheet part which is less icing.
- Trend of sweet that may help your waistline in check called mini-desserts. The portion is the key from keeping your calories in check for healthy dessert as well watch the hidden sugar such in barley malt, corn syrup, fruit juice concentrate on any prepared foods.
• Freshen your drink - 100% fruit juice to sweeten fresh brewed iced tea in place of sugar
- Drinking a cup of tea everyday is good to delivers blast of antioxidant compounds which is helps to keep blood vessels relaxed and prevented the blood clots. Flavonoids, the major antioxidants in tea, have been shown to prevent the oxidation of LDL cholesterol that leads to plaque formation on artery walls. These powerful antioxidants may even reduce cholesterol and even lower blood pressure.
• Snacks – instead eating from the bag make control your portions by pouring an invidual serving of pretzels or chips into bowl.
- Their some people, snacks between meals curb their appetite so they eat fewer calories overall. But for others, it can substantially increase the amount of calories they consume and lead to weight gain. So small portions are crucial. Buy whole grain pretzels or baked varieties of potato chips whenever possible.
• Dinner – Removed the bread basket at the table
- Having one or even two salads and a favorite burger or sandwich without the bun. For your satisfaction, creating big salad with using protein from your sandwich is enough. Avoid any special sauce and anything fried, use only two tablespoons of sauce then ask the waiter to take the rest away to avoid dipping.
• Be dip-say – Dip fruit into fat-free yogurt, and veggies in bean dip or salsa.
- Beans are one of the good sources in folate, protein, and fiber which is most of the salsas is only 80 calories in cup. While, tomato has lycopene to lower the risks in heart disease and for possible cancer.